Sunday, May 18, 2008

Trigonometric nonsense

It's 1.30am and at this hour I would usually be in bed, dreaming about how I'd change the way the cafeteria was run if I ruled the world. But no, the second half of the exams resuming next week means I have to sacrifice my dream time for hours of late-night intensive revision, and I've just finished Add Maths. Trigonometric functions, to be exact. I spent over three hours on this bloody topic but ended up stoning for half the time. Why? Because it's excruciatingly confusing. It's mostly substitution, really, but there are so many options that you'd stick one thing in and go 'am I doing this right?' when technically you are but for that particular question you should be sticking in that other thing that can also be sticked in, so you either wind up in a dead end or taking a reaaaally long time to complete it. All this headache-inducing madness made me get up and do something else every twenty minutes or so, therefore taking me over three hours to urm...get myself 'acquainted' with this topic. Which means I've now got some idea of how to work things, when I was clueless before I started. I was halfway doing questions when my brain backfired and said 'screw this shit, it's almost half past one, I'm going to shut myself off.' Oh well, if it does come out, this question's only worth six marks, and I'd be able to do some of it. At least I've covered the whole of Add Maths. It took me three days, and I should have started on Chem today, but having wasted half of Friday doing things I can't remember, I had to spend the day finishing off the last of it. Which means I have tomorrow to cram in Chem and Bio. Joy.

Well at least the first week is over, which means I'm through the worst of it. I think I did okay for everything. Mod Math was the easiest, though I couldn't finish off the last bit of the last question, and that cost me three marks. Not that it was hard, it was really quite easy, but halfway through the exam I had to take a crap, and that made me lose ten minutes. I think I could've finished it off though, had it not been for Mr Yow yelling '10 more minutes' and then '5 more minutes', causing me to lose my head.

I've got Chem, Bio, Moral and EST to look forward to next week. Great. I'm going to grab some shut-eye now, otherwise I'll wake up at noon again tomorrow. Or later. And that's a no-no.

No comments: