Tuesday, May 20, 2008

F***********!!!!!

I quite seriously screwed up my Add Math Paper Two today. Never, ever in my entire academic life have i ever screwed up an exam as badly as this one. Horror of all horrors, I even left two questions unanswered...bloody hell. And to what do I attribute this lack of competency to? No, it's not lack of revision or preparation because I had everything at my fingertips, which makes things WORSE. I was perfectly prepared, but the one I lacked was SLEEP. Yes, I was so sleepy that try as I might, I couldn't get my brain to function at full speed and capacity. Which means I took a lot longer to answer the questions.

The most f***ed up part is that we had four days off and I spent THREE of them on Add Math. So on the last day I tried to make up for the other subjects I neglected by studying Chem until the wee hours of the morning, a really brainless decision when my Add Math exam was on the next day. And since I was rather unsatisfied with my performance on Paper One, I decided to release the tension by gobbling down two packets of nasi lemak during break. And a whole cup of iced coffee in a failed attempt to feel more awake. That together with a few Mentos chucked into my mouth makes for a very effective laxative. Which means that yes, I unfortunately had to take a crap again halfway through Add Math Paper Two. I only had an hour left after I was done emptying my bowels. And that caused me to panic. Big time. I started Section B and when the first question was a graph, I skipped that, and then when I went to the next question my brain couldn't make sense of anything, so I went on to the next, and then the next and so on and at one point I just felt like ripping the paper to bits and throwing it out the window.

Anyway I don't think the time I spent in the dunny was a major factor to my screwing up, I think it's more because I used the 'tank' approach - keep doing a question until you find a solution or at least come close to finishing, no matter how hard it is, and by the time I was done with Section A I'd almost used up about an hour and a half. Which was really stupid because anyone with the least bit of common sense would do all the easy ones first. God I'd BETTER do well in Chem.

No comments: