Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Let the chicken speak for itself

So then I shall admit that I've been a bit too lazy to update recently, but even then there wasn't much to blog about. A friend once said to me 'Why update if there's nothing to update about?' Very true, this. Anyway on to the first item in this post: SPM results. I got 9A1s and 1A2. No prizes to guessing what the A2 was for. But then I should be thankful that them eduphiles at our beloved Ministry of Education decided that I did deserve my A after all, no matter how weak an A it was. Yes you heard that right, those bastards will give you a sodding 3B or even a 5C(depending on skin colour) if they think your skin ain't brown enough. Idiots.

On a much lighter I had a barbecue at my place on Thursday over the holidays. I can't remember why, but I think it was because every time I buy junk food I always go for the barbecue flavoured ones, and since I hardly taste real roasted chicken I decided to try the real thing myself. And now because I have, I hereby declare that barbecue flavoured chips are bullshit. Taste nothing like the real thing. Not even close. And since it was my first time hosting one I had a bit of trouble getting the fire going. I shall do it Outward Bound style and simply use kerosene instead the next time I have another one then. Chicken might smell a bit though. But anyway I think I can rightfully say that that was an awesome barbecue, and I'm pretty sure that you'd agree, dear reader, had you been there stuffing yourself silly with roasted lamb, chicken and wild rice while being serenaded by Ram's cover of I'm Yours, and then getting drunk on my mom's pineapple enzyme. And thank you sooo much Chulan for doing so much of the fanning, even when you couldn't eat any of the mouth-watering meat simmering on that grill. Oh and Sue too, for going about her poking duties so professionally, without which most of us would've probably had half cooked chicken for dinner.

I learned a few things from this barbecue, things that would stay with me until the day I die, and among them are:
1) Marshmallows taste good when roasted
2) A big bag of marshmallows will NEVER be enough for thirteen people, even if all thirteen have been stuffed full
3) Soda on ice cream is heaveeeeen
4) Marinading chicken for at least 24 hours is a MUST prior to barbecueing
5) Roasted chicken is awesome, even if it's got bits of burnt charcoal on it
6) Khairin will eat lamb if said lamb is irresistibly tempting

Alright, that's all for now, my fellow padawans XD

1 comment:

Chulan said...

Really one of the best damn bbqs ive been for. Really good haha.