Monday, November 3, 2008

Boo

It's one in the morning and yet again I've finished off another chapter of something. Fret not, however for this time it isn't Biology but the oh-so-wonderful Sejarah. Unfortunately for me I've still got a shitload of this stuff to shove into the cerebral regions of my tired brain.

So then it should strike me as rather absurd that the reality of impending doom, i.e. SPM, being hurled towards me at Mach I speeds hasn’t quite hit me yet. Illogically, for some unfathomable reason the closer it gets the calmer I am, and I’m sure that you, dear reader, would agree with me that this is indeed bizarre. I should be afraid, very afraid. I should be feeling intimidated beyond my very being for this is the government examination that supposedly determines where you end up in life, but noooo I am going about my studies in an eerily relaxed manner.

To this day I still recall the two week study leave prior to PMR when I was in Form Three. Back then my concentration power was phenomenal. I would wake up at noon, start studying at one and go on without stopping except for meals and a shower until three in the morning. I did this every single day. Sadly though the sort of concentration that I used to be capable of has diminished beyond redemption.

Sometimes when I have wasted a catastrophic amount of time I do some soul-searching and ask myself why I have the sentiments mentioned above. I’d put the source down to having been through the gruelling process of so many fully fledged exams that I’ve lost quite a bit of willpower to put my poor brain through all that for one final time. Lack of mental stamina, if you like. Or maybe it’s because I’ve seen the pathetic standards of the real paper and therefore came to the conclusion that minimal effort shall be required for certain subjects.

Well then I should be going to bed now, otherwise I shall have to take naps tomorrow which will result in more wasted time, and that just won’t do.

No comments: