Sunday, September 9, 2007

The weekend was pretty boring...i coudn't go for nariza's party because my parents wanted me to stay at home to prepare for finals...sad eh? Didn't really make any difference though coz i didn't do any studying...none at all. All i did was the sejarah work that mr Sara gave us, the one where he told us to do all the questions in the test paper, and this took me all of three days, and no, i didnt do the add maths paper. I've pretty much wasted this weekend. Aargh.

Anyway i had my first bass lesson on friday, and it was great. Ken thought me the basics like scales and i picked it up pretty quickly. Can't wait to learn how to slap and pop...xD Can't say the same for the guitar session though...Alex told me that i wasnt picking the right way, though technically there isnt a right or a wrong way, its just that i wasnt doing it properly, which is why i had problems speed picking. So now i have to learn how to pick the proper way, and i have two choices: to either use my wrist(most popular) or my thumb(uses less energy, but harder to master), and as usual i can't decide...xD All this because my previous guitar teacher was so incompetent that he didnt even teach me the basics...not even how to pick the right way! If i had taken lessons from a proper teacher i would be so much better now, but anyway i've decided on bass as my main instrument while guitar as a side skill, but still...

Finals are in three weeks i have yet to start preparing...xD


No comments: